BARKING DOG STUDIO
In this workshop you learn to use our Artisan Style Chalk Paints & Waxes, natural & patina, along with the techniques to re-finish a piece of furniture. A great part of this workshop is you get to ask a lot of questions, try new things & mess up with no worries so you will learn the best way to get the look you’re after! All supplies will be provided, you just have to wear paint-friendly clothing & bring your enthusiasm. Seating is limited to 6 people per night.
Techniques to be taught
- how to prepare your piece, choose your colour & apply paint.
- how to diminish brush marks as well as ensure brush marks can provide a good base for that antiqued look.
- apply natural wax.
- apply patina wax to create an antique look.
- why & how to use our Top Coat.
in this workshop you will learn the next steps in re-finishing, distressing, shabby-chic, antiquing, call it what you will, to obtain the look & feel that you & your home will love.
These techniques include;
- how to prep your furniture for painting.
- how to distress
- how to wet sand to create a very smooth finish.
- how to create the layered distressed look.
- how to use our Glazes & Add Extra FAT to create textures & profiles.
As an added bonus, we will give you 10% off paints & supplies purchased during the evening.
Cost for each workshop is $85 + GST, payable in advance. Please note that $30 is non-refundable for cancellations.
Interested in Signing Up for an Event or Workshop?
We will send you updates on new work added from our list of amazing local artisans, or sign up for one our our Artists Events or Workshops.
2054 Otter Point Rd., Sooke BC
Monday and Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday to Sunday - 11am - 4pm